Featured Post

PINNED POST. CLICK HERE: Keeping these 3 videos of officer-involved domestic violence fatalities on top from now on...

Officer-Involved Domestic Fatalities - 1 Officer-Involved Domestic Fatalities - 2 [WA] Tragedy Will Occur If They Don't Have ...

Custom Search

Saturday, September 10, 2011

[AL] Stolen life: Uteva "Butterfly" Monique Woods Wilson

Uteva Monique Woods Wilson was stolen from this life -from the people who love her, and the children who need her - in her police officer husband's murder-suicide. On September 7, 2011 Birmingham cop Rodney Jerome Wilson did what he was not entitled to do.

Uteva was only 23. 

Is there more to learn?
...Neighbors did tell us, off camera, that they had witnessed the couple having marital problems in the past... [Irondale Police Detective Michael] Mangina would not comment about a history of violence between the couple... [From an article comment and unconfirmed] This was not a first attempt. he was put back on duty within a month...

Uteva loved her children, her people, butterflies and purple.


POLICE: VETERAN BIRMINGHAM OFFICER SHOT WIFE, THEN SELF
Associated Press
September 9, 2011
[Birmingham] Police Detective Rodney Wilson and his wife of two years, Uteva, had their difficulties, but family members said they never expected those troubles to end in murder-suicide... The 41-year-old detective apparently shot his 23-year-old wife and then got on his police radio and warned he was about to take his own life. He told dispatchers he had killed his wife, but that the children were OK. He asked for paramedics and a supervisor to come to the scene, and then said, "I won't be here when you get here"... Wilson used his duty weapon... Uteva Wilson's son and daughter, ages 7 and 5, were asleep in their bedrooms, but they were awakened by gunfire, said Irondale police detective Michael Mangina. They were sitting up in their own beds when police arrived... [Full article here]




FROM VIDEO:

Irondale Police Detective Michael Mangina:
"Unfortunately, we don't know what was going on in his life, and we may never know what was going on in his life to make him do this."

Reporter: 
"Detective Mangina would not comment about a history of violence between the couple."



UPDATE: VICTIMS NAMED IN APPARENT MURDER-SUICIDE INVOLVING COP alabamas13.com
By: Shannon Delcambre, Hilary Golston
September 07, 2011
[Excerpts] The Irondale Police Department reports a Birmingham police detective apparently shot his wife and then turned the gun on himself. The corner's office says 41-year-old "Rodney Jerome Wilson" shot his 23-year old wife, "Uteva Monique Wilson" at their Irondale home this morning... The owner of a store near where Det. Wilson lived reported seeing the couple. Eric Walker says it appeared Wilson was chivalrous towards his wife and the couple didn’t appear to have trouble. "He'd come in every morning before going to work. He'd come and get a Welch’s grape juice, sometimes he'd get a coffee... He seemed to me to be a mild mannered man.” A nearby day care facility also confirmed to Golston that the facility took care of two small children. A woman at the daycare said Wilson did most of the talking when they came to pick up the kids and he paid. Besides that, she didn’t see any visible problems between the two. Neighbors did tell us, off camera, that they had witnessed the couple having marital problems in the past... [Full article here]


POLICE: VETERAN OFFICER SHOT WIFE, THEN SELF
The Birmingham News
Carol Robinson
Thursday, September 8, 2011
[Excerpts] ... "I knew in the past they had problems and I told him and her that we all have financial worries," said Sharon Woods, Uteva Wilson's mother. "I talked to Rodney Saturday and he was concerned about things. I said, 'I have bills too. Do what you can, even if it's $1, and leave the rest to God.... He always stressed that he loved her... I never thought he would take her life"... "They will be loved and taken care of," Woods said of her grandchildren, "but I would rather have her here"... Woods said she spoke with her daughter, a graduate of Carver High School, and her grandchildren, every night. Tuesday was no different. "I had no idea it would be the last time," she said. "If I did, I would have had them here with me." She said her daughter was an active person who loved life. "I will miss her smile. I will miss her being here," Woods said. "I wouldn't expect to be burying my child at this early age." [Full article here]


SOME OF THE LOVE NOTES FROM HERE AND THERE ONLINE:

... Domestic Volence is never ok! It just took the life of a very dear friend. Uteva "butterfly" Wilson R.I.P Ladies if this is you Get out now!... May GOD continue to watch over the children how sweet they are. Uteva rest in peace Babygirl... R.I.P OFFICER RODNEY WILSON AND WIFE. HE WAS MY 8 YEAR OLD DAUGHTERS UNCLE, AND EVEN THOUGH WHAT HE DID WAS WRONG, HE WAS STILL A CHILD OF GOD.I PRAY THAT GOD HAS MERCY ON HIS SOUL. MY HEART AND PRAYERS GO OUT TO BOTH OF THE FAMILIES... uteva was my cousin and im still devastated i will not mourn over her death but celebrate her new life thats in a better place i will keep my family in my prayers, i just wish i had more time to spend with her but God has a new angel that he needed more than us uteva woods i love u... R.I.P God's child... HEY GIRLY U WILL BE MISSED DEARLY!!! I REMEMBER WHEN YOU WERE A TWEETY BIRD FAN AS A LITTLE GIRL!!! GOD MAKES NO MISTAKES AND EVEN THOUGH YOURE GONE, WE KNOW YOU WILL STILL SHINE DOWN ON US!!! WE LOVE YOU!!!!... Teva u lived as long as u could n steered tha kids in a good direction of being a good mother, u will be well missed n greatly missed, i love u cherish tha moments we did have....fly on beautiful butterfly uteva!!!!... R.I.P Uteva you were such a sweet spirited person and I really hate that your life ended so soon. I'm going to continue to pray for your family and friends especially your kids because it's really sad that they have to grow up without their mother... love u boo R.I.P. UTEVA MONIQUE WOODS WILSON... Reverend Wilkes and family, sending my deepest condolences to you and yours as she now rest in HIS care. May God be with you and bring the blessed assurance and peace that only HE can provide... R.I.P. UTEVA YOU HAD ALOT OF PEOPLE THAT WILL MISS YOU AND C/O 06 WAS THERE YOU WILL BE MISSED AND I AM PRAYING TREMENDOUSLY FOR YOUR CHILDREN THAT THEY LOST A SPECIAL SOMEONE IN THEIR LIFE BUT YOUR FAMILY WILL TAKE GOOD CARE OF THEM JUST LIKE YOU DID NOW PICK YOUR WINGS AND FLY BUTTERFLY... My heart goes out to your kids and family, you didn't deserve this, my condolences... You were such a beautiful person inside and out... Uteva my baby sister whom I'm going too miss dearly all I have is the memories of all the good times we shared I luv u SIS going too really miss u till we meet again... I love u and will miss your shyness. I will continue to aggravate you kids in love, I love u... Rest in peace my sister God has prepared a mansion for you... I WOULD LIKE TO STOP AND PRAY FOR UTEVA AND HER FAMILY MAY GOD BE WITH HER KIDS... PLEASE KEEP MY FAMILY LIFTED UP IN PRAYER MY NIECE WAS KILLED N BHAM THIS MORNING BY HER HUSBAND A DETECTIVE FOR THE CITY OF BHAM. LADIES PLEASE TAKE DOMESTIC VIOLENCE SERIOUS NO MATTER WHO YOUR HUSBAND WORK FOR OR IS--THE GOVERNOR, PRESIDENT, PREACHER. OR WHOEVER PLEASE, PLEASE LET SOMEBODY KNOW BEFORE IT IS TO LATE. a BEAUTIFUL MOTHER OF TWO LIFE STOLEN AT AGE 23... we will be praying pastor... I will u can c her picture on facebook on uteva butterfly wilson page... Praying for your family, but a lot of women need to read this over and over again!!!... FB FAMILY AND FRIENDS, PLEASE CONTINUE TO KEEP MY FAMILY LIFTED UP IN PRAYER. MY BROTHER LOST HIS 23 YEAR OLD DAUGHTER TO A DOMESTIC VIOLENCE SITUATION IN BIRMINGHAM THIS MORNING. MY NEICE, UTEVA, WILL BE MISSED SO MUCH BY HER FAMILY AND FRIENDS, BUT MOSTLY BY THE TWO ANGELS THAT GOD HAD GIVEN HER... PLEASE KEEP THESE BABIES IN YOUR PRAYERS... @ a loss for words now... Uteva you were a joy in school and you always made us laugh. You're gone, but no one will ever forget you... LOVE YOU TEVA JUS SITTING HERE REMEMBERING THA CONVERSATIONS ABOUT MEN WE USED TO HAVE......WHY MAN WHY!!! BUT I KNOW ONE THING U SAFE NOW U AWAY FROM ALL THA HURTS AND PAINS AND KNOW U GONNA LOOK DOWN ON TYREONNA AND JACOB.....I luv u Uteva WOODS. Damn Man... Today god took my kuzin away ~why~ RIP my kuzin UTEvA LOVe you So mUch *!! An we gne miSS you ++... GM FB FAMILY AND FRIENDS!! I NEED PRAYER! MY HEART IS SO HEAVY RIGHT NOW. MY NEICE, TEVA, WAS ONE OF THE MOST PRECIOUS GIFTS THAT GOD HAD LOANED OUR FAMILY FOR SUCH A SHORT TIME(23 YEARS). GOD I KNOW THAT YOU DON'T MAKE MISTAKES, BUT ME AND MY FAMILY NEED SO MUCH STRENGTH AND COMFORT RIGHT NOW... Domestic Volence is never ok! It just took the life of a very dear friend. Uteva "butterfly" Wilson R.I.P Ladies if this is you Get out now!... I LOVE U TEVA. MY SWEET NEICE. R.I.P. YOU AND MOMMA AND BIG DAD CAN HAVE A GOOD TIME NOW. I REALLY ENJOYED YOU THIS WEEKEND. DIDNT KNOW IT WAS OUR LAST TIME TOGETHER ON THIS SIDE... May GOD continue to watch over the children how sweet they are. Uteva rest in peace Babygirl... uteva was my cousin and im still devasted i will not mourn over her death but celebrate her new life thats in a better place i will keep my family in my prayers, i just wish i had more time to spend with her but God has a new angel that he needed more than us uteva woods i love u... R.I.P God's child... HEY GIRLY U WILL BE MISSED DEARLY!!! I REMEMBER WHEN YOU WERE A TWEETY BIRD FAN AS A LITTLE GIRL!!! GOD MAKES NO MISTAKES AND EVEN THOUGH YOURE GONE, WE KNOW YOU WILL STILL SHINE DOWN ON US!!! WE LOVE YOU!!!!... Teva u lived as long as u could n steered tha kids in a good direction of being a good mother, u will be well missed n greatly missed, i love u cherish tha moments we did have....fly on beautiful butterfly uteva!!!!... R.I.P Uteva you were such a sweet spirited person and I really hate that your life ended so soon. I'm going to continue to pray for your family and friends especially your kids because it's really sad that they have to grow up without their mother... R.I.P. UTEVA YOU HAD ALOT OF PEOPLE THAT WILL MISS YOU AND C/O 06 WAS THERE YOU WILL BE MISSED AND I AM PRAYING TREMENDOUSLY FOR YOUR CHILDREN THAT THEY LOST A SPECIAL SOMEONE IN THEIR LIFE BUT YOUR FAMILY WILL TAKE GOOD CARE OF THEM JUST LIKE YOU DID NOW PICK YOUR WINGS AND FLY BUTTERFLY... A human life is a story told by God. ~Hans Christian Andersen  [police officer involved domestic violence oidv intimate partner violence ipv abuse law enforcement public safety lethal fatality fatalities murder-suicide alabama state politics repeat hx]

3 comments:

  1. Rodney was the best father in the world and Uteva was the best step mother I could ever ask for I miss you both I wish things were different because I need my father just like my step brother and sister need their mother god bless you all

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was my in the country drinking partner! Whenever they came to my grandma house. It was always a good time. From kids 2 both being mothers!! I miss her dearly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I never thought I be here writing a comment about the loss of my dear friend I miss her dearly.Words cannot explain how special she really was.If you find yourself in any situation that you can handle, don't think you can fix it on your own find away out, get help, do whatever you got to do to make sure you get yourself to safety.I will always love you Teva, Mario

    ReplyDelete

Please post updates or email them to behindthebluewall@gmail.com. No cop-hating or victim-hating comments allowed. Word verification had to be added due to spam attacks on this blog.